leaders | dream | focus
Leaders have big dreams and focus on achieving their dreams.
Good day to you and I appreciate you taking time to visit today. I hope this post and the information on my blog provides you with value.
Today we will explore:
- what makes a leader
- how leaders motivate others
- how taking action inspires you to succeed
- tips for staying on track and never giving up.
What makes a leader
A leader in my opinion is a person who has a vision and a big dream to follow. It is somebody you can rely on to stay focused until they achieve their dream. They become obsessed by their vision and cannot be derailed in any way.
It is this steely resolve ,belief an desire to succeed that inspires others to follow. The person who has these attributes instills strength and desire in their followers. A leader will often light up the way for others to follow, they will do what others think about doing. They take action and instill pride and fulfillment in those around them.
When it’s all said and done a leader will lead by example and then guide and mentor others to do the same. A true leader identifies that he or she cannot do it on their own. History teaches us that many great leaders had one or more people working closely and faithfully with them to achieve the dream.
In many situations the leader is identified through their strength. The strength to stay focused and never ever give up no matter what!
Nelson Mandela comes to mind here. “I have walked that long road to freedom. I have tried not to falter; I have made missteps along the way. But I have discovered the secret that after climbing a great hill, one only finds that there are many more hills to climb. I have taken a moment here to rest, to steal a view of the glorious vista that surrounds me, to look back on the distance I have come. But I can only rest for a moment, for with freedom come responsibilities, and I dare not linger, for my long walk is not ended.”
― Nelson Mandela
Another great leader with a vision and a dream was John F Kennedy.
How leaders motivate others
- they see and encourage the talents of others
- they lead by example and show others what is possible
- they treat everybody fairly
- they help people find their own voice and not simply repeating the leader’s message
- they guide and mentor others to succeed
- they adopt a team approach in which everybody knows what is expected of them
How taking action inspires you to succeed.
There is no escaping it taking action is key to all success. Dreams and vision remain just as dreams and vision if no action is taken to bring them into fruition.
Procrastination is a leader’s nightmare. It makes them indecisive and builds up self doubt which leads to fear. This is a recipe for disaster for any leader.
So even if they have the best laid out plans then the only way to implement them is to take strategic action immediately The longer they leave it the more chance they will have of procrastination taking hold. In fact most leaders make decisions quickly and change them slowly if they ever change them at all.
Tips for staying on track and never giving up.
- Build up your vision and dream
- Build up a strong desire to want your dream more than anything else in the world
- Stay focused on your dream no matter what
- Take action quickly
- Build a group of like minded people who share your vision
- Don’t try to do it all by yourself
- Remove your fears and self doubt by finding out what they are and addressing them
- Learn everything you need to know
- Trust in your faith and ability to succeed
- Never ever entertain the possibility of giving up. Remove it from your vocabulary
- Build a positive self talk that you recite many times each day
- Energize yourself by showing confidence and resolve to eventually succeed
- Harness the power of others when you need special talents
- Grow into the person who will succeed by acquiring all the skills you need
- Celebrate your achievements
- Be grateful for everything you have
Leaders with a dream and focus make our world a special place to live in. The best part is that we all have the capacity to become great leaders.