Self confidence formula
Self confidence formula needs to be mastered before you can achieve the success you are after and deserve.
Hello and welcome to my post. Today we will be exploring, how to discover and improve your self confidence. I truly hope the time you spend on this blog provides you with value. Your time is your most valuable asset so spend it wisely.
Today we will discuss :
- What is the self confidence formula
- Who is responsible for your self confidence?
- How to improve your self confidence
What is the self confidence formula?
Self-Confidence Formula as described by Napoleon hIll in “think and grow rich”
1. I know that I have the ability to achieve the object of my Definite Purpose in life, therefore, I DEMAND of myself persistent, continuous action toward its attainment, and I here and now promise to render such action.
2. I realize the dominating thoughts of my mind will eventually reproduce themselves in outward, physical action, and gradually transform themselves into physical reality, therefore, I will concentrate my thoughts for thirty minutes daily, upon the task of thinking of the person I intend to become, thereby creating in my mind a clear mental picture of that person.
3. I know through the principle of auto-suggestion, any desire that I persistently hold in my mind will eventually seek expression through some practical means of attaining the object back of it, therefore, I will devote ten minutes daily to demanding of myself the development of SELF-CONFIDENCE.
4. I have clearly written down a description of my DEFINITE CHIEF AIM in life, and I will never stop trying, until I shall have developed sufficient self-confidence for its attainment.
5. I fully realize that no wealth or position can long endure unless built upon truth and justice,therefore, I will engage in no transaction which does not benefit all whom it affects.
6. I will succeed by attracting to myself the forces I wish to use, and the cooperation of other people. I will induce others to serve me, because of my willingness to serve others.
7. I will eliminate hatred, envy, jealousy, selfishness, and cynicism, by developing a love for all humanity, because I know that a negative attitude toward others can never bring me success.
8. I will cause others to believe in me, because I will believe in them, and in myself.
9. I will sign my name to this formula, commit it to memory, and repeat it aloud once a day, with full FAITH that it will gradually influence my THOUGHTS and ACTIONS so that I will become a self-reliant, and successful person.
Napoleon Hill – From the classic book Think & Grow Rich
As a person who has read ‘think and grow rich” in a mastermind environment several times with moderate success . I believe that applying the self confidence formula successfully is one of the stumbling blocks to achieving major success.
Who is responsible for the self confidence formula?
Let’s look at step number one of this formula of believing in yourself to achieve whatever it is that you wish to achieve. There is no room for doubts, fear or procrastination. The key thing to notice here is that you will not suddenly wake up one day and have the life you want. It clearly states that you need to take consistent daily action and demand of yourself to be persistent until you obtain your dream life. Clearly demand of yourself is honing in on discipline to stay on task and not make excuses.
Concentrating your thoughts daily for thirty minutes on the life you want to live is not easy to do. It requires you taking time out of your busy day and slowing down the confusion and chatter in your mind. This is a process. One good way to start is to begin meditating daily. Give yourself a treat. Stop for five minutes. Blanc out worry, stress and the many thoughts racing in your mind. Concentrate on your breathing. Feel yourself breathing as your inhale and exhale, do it as slowly as you can. Improve on this by extending the time you meditate and focussing your thoughts towards what it is you want to achieve.
Your auto-suggestion is compiled by how you live your life. It is the sum and product of your experiences, environment and the people you interact with as well as your own thoughts. In many people it is negative or a play it safe mentality. Negativity and playing it safe so you won’t get disappointed will not allow you to live the life you want. You need to develop an I can do it attitude and this needs to become your new auto-suggestion.
Committing your dream life to paper is a necessary part of the equation. It allows your subconscious mind to file it away and draw upon it every time you say it. This enhances the process dramatically.
Living your life through win win situations requires an appreciation of everybody and everything. This may seem easy to do in theory however in practice it requires discipline and empathy for everybody.
Success will not be achieved by just taking or if it does it will not last and flourish. You need to provide good quality service and serve as many people as you possibly can.
It is important to believe in others because they too can achieve amazing things in their life if they so choose. All people have this spiritual God like quality to transcend their life into a heightened state of existence. If you begin to see this in others you will have no problems treating everybody the way you want to be treated.
So as you can see the self confidence formula is designed for you to achieve greatness within your life. It is about you and you are responsible for it.
How to improve your self confidence
Yes it is good and well to have the information on what a self confidence formula is and how to apply it to your life but it is a different proposition to grow and get better at being self confident. Stereotyping plays a huge part in determining the parameters of your self confidence. People immediately try to pigeonhole you into a particular stereotype. They do this by your size, colour of your skin, gender, your looks etc. The only way to shrug this stereotyping away is not to buy into it.
” What other people think of you is none of your business”, when you get this, then you quickly realize that it is your response to the stereotyping which does all the damage. Your confidence and approach to everything cannot be shaken if you don’t allow it to. Once again you are responsible for this.
Clearly outline your daily actions and proceed to implement them with consistency and unshakeable determination to succeed. This will help you to feel good about your progress and help you develop your self confidence.
Make it a point to serve somebody daily to the very best of your ability. This need not be a business person it can be your children, wife extended family or even somebody you have not seen eye to eye with. Show forgiveness, not because you are wrong but because you have the ability to rise above the transgression. Forgiveness becomes a valuable tool for you see the best in others. We all come with warts and all but there is greatness within everybody. Not everybody will be ready to shine, however you can light up the way. It then becomes their choice if they want to follow or not?