Is the alkaline diet and the stars a movement?
Why are so many stars going alkaline and how has eating alkaline foods helped to improve their life?
The alkaline diet and the stars represented on the list below have all made a choice to eat a majority of alkaline foods. They endorse the alkaline diet as a way to stay healthy, get rid of weight and feel energized all day long.
- Elle Macpherson
- Jennifer Aniston
- Gwyneth Paltrow
- Demi Moore
- Robert Kyosaki
- Tony Robbins
- Marc Jacobs
- Novak Djokovic
Australian designer, model and mum Elle Macpherson chose an alkaline diet to help her feel vibrant and energetic.
” I had more vitality, my skin wasn’t dry, I stopped craving sugar, my mood stabilised, and I lost weight around my middle”
~Supermodel Elle McPherson at 50, talking about her alkaline diet.
Jennifer Aniston, at 45, looks just as good today, if not better than her days as Rachel Green. How does she do it? Through healthy living, fitness, and eating well. She is said to be an ardent fan of the alkaline smoothie, made up of fresh, organic vegetables. Beetroot, cucumbers, spinach, garlic, carrots, celery and kale.
Nutritionist Jeannette Jackson said the smoothie can have amazing and cleansing health benefits.
‘The alkaline vegetables prevent bloating, help ease water retention and even mood swings. Beetroot helps clean the blood of toxins, celery and carrots boost potassium and sodium levels, and kale and parsley offer immense benefits to the brain, so you’ll feel less stressed,’ she said.
Gwyneth Paltrow stays in shape with the alkaline diet. “The alkaline diet is basically healthy,” says Marjorie Nolan, RD, an American Dietetic Association spokeswoman. “It’s a diet of fresh fruits and vegetables, plenty of water, avoiding processed foods, coffee, and alcohol, which are all recommendations for a generally healthy diet anyway,” Nolan says. “But our body regulates our pH between 7.35 and 7.45 no matter how we eat.” [WebMD]
Demi Moore adheres to the alkaline diet, meaning that 70 per cent of your diet should be alkaline, while the other 30 per cent can be acidic.
I stick to an alkaline diet
Anthony Robbins, 51 founder of Anthony Robbins Empire
His success: Robbins has been an adviser to world leaders, including Nelson Mandela and former US president Bill Clinton, and is an authority on peak performance and a best-selling author.
Health Secret: “My number one health tip is to look after the delicate acid-alkaline balance in the body, which can be measured with a urine or saliva test. The easiest way to do that is to ‘go green’ by introducing lots of fresh green vegetables like spinach, broccoli, asparagus, cabbage and bok choy into your diet. The vast majority of organs, and especially your blood, have to be slightly alkaline for good health. This keeps oxygen flowing into the blood cells.”
Robert Kiyosaki, 64 Founder of rich dad, poor dad empire
His success: Robert Kiyosaki self-published Rich Dad, Poor Dad in 1997 because nobody else would touch it. It is now available in 109 countries and has been translated into 51 languages.
Health Secret: “I am into health, not medicine. I love alternative practitioners such as naturopaths, acupuncturists and chiropractors. I eat heavy amounts of dark greens like broccoli, rocket and bok choy and combine that with light protein such as fish or chicken. I take natural herbs and vitamins every day to supplement my diet.”
Tennis number one Novak Djokovic:
The key to the diet Djokovic now follows is the absence of both gluten – which is present in most foods – and dairy products. He also cuts out as much sugar as possible. The world No 1’s diet is based on vegetables, beans, white meat, fish, fruit, nuts, seeds, chickpeas, lentils and healthy oils.
He is meticulous about when and how he eats. Djokovic buys organic food wherever possible and cooks almost every meal himself; when on tour he always tries to stay in hotels which will let him use their kitchen.
A diet filled with green vegetables, particularly leafy greens, good healthy energy efficient fats, quality protein and low in sucrose fructose and grains, is the best alkaline diet.
It is easy for you to do and easy for you not to do it. It does take some planning and organisation but if you listen to and believe what the above very successful stars advocate about the alkaline diet then you will want to give it a go for yourself.
If you need further evidence about the benefits an alkaline lifestyle can provide for your health then click on the link below to see how it has helped Madeline Lemon with her health.
Now that you have a great deal of food for thought, where do you begin?
Let us make it easy for you.
Enter your name and email and below so we can provide you with up to date information about an alkaline lifestyle and how it can be made easy for you by using products from Seven Point 2 The Alkaline Company.